среда, 19 января 2011 г.

Musa Qala

An Afghan youth stands at a market in Musa Qala on January 18, 2011.

I looked around and realized that everything is like it was 500 years ago. It always seems to me that many of the medieval artists could see everything! And here I understood that everything was just like on in their pictures. Afghanistan is a time machine, I could hardly believe my eyes.


Afghans seems to be very different for other people in the world. In Helmand I can't understand them!
Let me tell you a little story, which made me think about the people in Afghanistan.
"One journalist returned to Afghanistan for the second time and met his friend from the first visit, and asked him : " Habib, where is you best friend Mohamed, with whom you were with in a war?" "Could you see that someone is shooting from that hill" said Habib. "That is Mohamed. Because I now don't have any money he had joined my enemy. Now he fights against me. But that's ok. Soon I am going to earn a lot of money and he will became my best friend again. 

Afghan National Police (ANP) soldiers hold their weapons during a training session
at Musa Qala District Center base on January 18, 2011.
A US Marine from 1st Battalion, 8th Marines shields his face as a V-22 Osprey tiltrotor aircraft
kicks up dust while departing the Musa Qala District Center base on January 18, 2011.
 
An Afghan boy smiles as he speaks with US Marines from 1st Battalion, 8th Marines
during their patrol around the town of Musa Qala on January 18, 2011.
An Afghan National Police (ANP) soldier carries food as unseen US Marines from 1st Battalion,
8th Marines patrol around the town of Musa Qala on January 18, 2011.
An Afghan youth uses his mobile phone to take pictures of US Marines from 1st Battalion,
8th Marines as they patrol around the town of Musa Qala on January 18, 2011
US Marines from 1st Battalion, 8th Marines shield themselves as a V-22 Osprey tiltrotor aircraft
kicks up dust while landing at the Musa Qala District Center base on January 18, 2011.
Afghan youth fight each other at a market in Musa Qala on January 18, 2011.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий